Sunday 11 April 2010

Lettuce gather here together....

The start of summer always brings a desire for fresh crisp salad. Again I cheated and bought some small plug plants from our local farmers market. A Lactuca Sativa and a Cos. After a couple of weeks they have grown well and although we have eaten most of the Red Sativa, the lovely crisp cos is 'hearting up*' nicely and will be ready to cut and eat any day. (*Thanks Geoff, for that term!)
The rocket has been successful and I am totally taken by the taste. Now I know why it is so popular. You can see the pot I sowed in April has produced lots of yummy leaves which are being eaten daily by my husband for his lunch. I have planted another 2 pots but now need to buy more seeds as I think my summer 2010 obsession is certain to be rocket salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment