Sunday 7 March 2010

Springing up all over again


Well we are now officially into Spring 2010 and its that time again to think about planting for our veggie garden. We have been very lazy until now and have done very little in the garden. I knew we had a few sorry looking leeks still growing and perhaps some parsnips. I decided to dig for the parsnips today and was delighted to find three beds full of sumptuous parsnips. They have survived the winter and all the snow we have had, and so tonight we will eat roast parsnips.


I have been busy searching for other parsnip recipe ideas too as we have about another 18 parsnips still in the ground which will need using up in the next couple of weeks. Can you make Parsnip Curry I wonder?

Chris turned over the compost and helped me top up the raised beds today to get the soil ready for outside planting.

I have now also done my first seedling planting today. It was s glorious sunny day and the greenhouse was 30 degrees and lovely and warm. This inspired me to plant my first veggies of the season, the wonderful peas and mange tout.


Last summer we tried to grow cabbage, cauliflower and brussel sprouts, but they were attacked so badly by caterpillars, we never actually ate any of them. So, I have decided not to bother this year. We loved the peas and mange tout so much I will be double the amount I grow this year. Bring on the peas please Louise!

No comments:

Post a Comment